New Zealand Under 20 team named for match against Ireland
New Zealand Under 20 Coach Dave Rennie has named his side to play Ireland in Nagoya on Tuesday 9 June at 10.00pm (NZ time).
1. Willie Ioane (Manawatu)
2. Brayden Mitchell (Southland)
3. Ma’afu Fia (Manawatu)
4. Daniel Faleafa (Auckland)
5. Leighton Price (Hawke’s Bay)
6. Trent Boswell-Wakefield (Hawke’s Bay)
7. Brendon O’Connor (Canterbury)
8. Elliot Dixon (Canterbury)
9. Frae Wilson (Wellington)
10. Aaron Cruden (Manawatu, captain)
11. Zac Guildford (Hawke’s Bay)
12. Tom Taylor (Canterbury)
13. Winston Stanley (Auckland)
14. Nafi Tuitavake (North Harbour)
15. Robbie Robinson (Southland)
16. Shae Tamati (Hawke’s Bay)
17. Latu Talakai (Waikato)
18. Alex Ryan (Southland)
19. Bernie Hall (Canterbury)
20.Nalu Tuigamala (North Harbour)
21. Shaun Treeby (Wellington)
22. Ken Pisi (North Harbour)
This match follows a 75-0 win over Uruguay in New Zealand’s first pool game on Friday June 5. That bonus point win included a hatrick of tries from Hurricanes winger Zac Guildford and two tries each to Codey Rei, Teddy Stanaway and Robbie Robinson.
Ireland beat Argentina 16-9 in their first pool match.
“We got our tournament off to a good start and took lots of positives from the game against Uruguay. Ireland will be a much tougher proposition. They were first equal in this year's six nations Under 20 tournament and have won seven out of eight this season. They are well organised, have a lot of belief and know how to win tight games,” said Rennie.
SKY TV’s Rugby Channel will be broadcasting the match against Ireland live on Tuesday 9 June at 10.00pm. TVNZ’s TV One will be broadcasting the same match delayed at midnight. Both semi finals and the final will be broadcast on the Rugby Channel with delayed coverage on TV One.
Notes to media:
· The International Rugby Board will be providing a media service for the IRB TOSHIBA Junior World Championship 2009 in Japan. The service, which includes daily news and features, can be accessed via the official tournament website www.irb.com/jwc.
After each match day the following will be available: match reports and reaction quotes, full match statistics (including replacements, scorers and cards) and rights-free photographs from the eight matches.
The website will also be offering a full Tournament statistics service, including top team and player points scorers, try scorers and more.
· Post match: Dave Rennie will be available for interview post-match at 12.15am (NZ time, Wednesday morning). Please contact him on 021 550053.
For further information contact:
NZRU Communications Administrator
M: +64 (0) 27 591 4673